Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"A Change is Gonna Come"

It's like listening to the Sam Cooke Song, "It's been a long, a long time coming But I know a change gonna come, Oh yes it will!"
Change is hard no matter who you are, whether you embrace change or not. There are still things that will affect you. I know this first hand.
The first part of my life I have welcomed change and embraced it with open arms. I always saw change as positive and a way of simplifying processes or making things easier or possibly streamlining. Well the older I have gotten the more I reject change.
It frightens me to the core, mostly for reasons I don’t have answers too. The what if’s the unknowns. I truly became that person who sits there with a sullen face at even the thought of change or the idea.

Well I've had to make lots of changes recently in my life. Career changes as well as dreams that have dissolved into ideas that I once cherished.  But dreams have to change with us as we grow and evolve. We can’t focus on one idea and that’s it, cause truly that idea/dream just might not be what truly makes you happy.  You create your own happiness every moment you are alive and breathing, which means that during that time, is a chance to make your dreams come alive. Not dreams of being princes and princesses but realistic dreams. One’s that will make you happy, and that you can achieve.
It’s scary and intimidating sometimes stepping out into that crazy world. I know I feel that way too. But we have friends and family and random people that may come in and out of our lives while we are chasing our dreams and conquering our fears and embracing the changes we need to make for ourselves that are there to help us and see us through.

So when you’re out there in that crazy world with your head down and scared. Look up and smile. There might just be someone waiting for to smile at them.

1 comment:

  1. Praying the Lord helps you walk through all these changes, and leads into His perfect will. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete